This Zinc Aluminum-Magnesium Coated Steel Sheet in Coils which is also called ZAM coated steel is one newly developed with coating layers of 100-450g +/-10g which owns very strong corrosion-resistant ability. And zinc aluminum-magnesium coated steel is a new type of corrosion-resistant coated steel sheet consisting mainly of zinc, about 11% aluminum, 3% magnesium and trace amounts of silicon. Our zinc aluminum magnesium coated steel adds Al, Mg, Si to the conventional Zn plating, and the these added chemicals elements improve the corrosion resistance. That is, in addition to the previous Al addition, added to the zinc aluminum magnesium coil products have the significant effect on the Mg, in addition, to meet the addition of Si, so that rust effect can be improved. Si improves the corrosion resistance of the coating layer containing Al while further improving the corrosion effect by the combination with Mg. This Zin Aluminium Magnesium steel feathers superior corrosion-resistance on the surface, bend processed parts, ammonia environment, cut edge, drawing-processed parts. And it’s HS code is 72109000.
1. Excellent anti-rust performance! The rust-proof performance of the flat part is no need to speak.
2.The rust resistance of the end face is also excellent.
3. Moreover, alkali resistance is also excellent. This zinc aluminum magnesium steel coil in comparison with hot-dip galvanized steel and hot-dip galvanized 5% aluminum alloy steel, can achieve the same corrosion resistance but use less plating layers. In addition, because of its excellent resistance to red rust, it can be used to be instead of stainless steel or aluminum plate.
4. Excellent processing property performance! Bending portion, the stretching portion is also hard to rust, surface processing is not rare injuries, very beautiful.
5. Weldability, paint is also very good.
6. Withstand the rigors of processing with the plating adhesion. In addition, the coating hardness is high, with excellent resistance to damage.
7. Super VA’s new material can greatly reduce costs and shorten delivery time due to the no need for post-plating.
8. May also be a substitute for stainless steel and aluminum.
9. It is resistance to severe conditions of the processing of adhering. In addition to high hardness coating, with excellent resistance to damage.
The magnesium (Mg) in the coating layer contributes to the stable tightly corrosion object of Simonkolleite, Zn5 (OH) 8Cl2 ? H2O (chlorinated zinc). The corrosion object is formed on the galvanized surface as Film, taking the function to prevent corrosion of the steel sheet. The results of the salt spray test show that 70 grams of magnesium-magnesium-aluminum-zinc SST corrosion area of 5% require 700 hours, 100 grams of galvanized on the market as long as 100 hours.
Meanwhile, when the cross section occurs, the upper galvanized layer is dissolved and then covers the section, and promote the stable corrosion object growth. But has been exposed on the steel plate will occur red rust phenomenon. After the cross section is coated with the corrosion product film, it can prevent the cross section corrosion.
The corrosion resistance of this zinc aluminum magnesium alloy coated steel sheet is 5 to 10 times higher than that of the hot-dip galvanized steel sheet. And is also better than galvalume steel sheets on corrosion resistance property. Magnesium aluminum zinc plating the exposed portion of the base end surface of the cut, will produce a slight initial red rust coating composition but then begin to dissolve surrounding the cut end surface, to form a dense protective film of zinc hydroxide, basic zinc chloride and magnesium hydroxide as a main component, this process will continue to cover the end face portion after a few months, thereby inhibiting the corrosive reaction of the end face portion.
The corrosion resistance of zinc aluminum magnesium steel plate is the same as that of STS304. However, after happening red rust, the stainless steel surface remains glossy. Magnesium and aluminum zinc part of the red resistance is better than the stainless steel plate. The bent forming portion and the cylindrical drawing portion also have excellent corrosion resistance.
Zinc Aluminum Magnesium Alloy Coated Sheet is widely used in construction, road protection, three-dimensional parking lot, storage equipment, automotive electromechanical equipment and other metal forming areas. It can manufacture all kinds of steel parts, corrosion-resistant parts, keel ceilings, perforated plate, cable tray. Where the use of hot-dip galvanized steel or hot-dip galvanized 5% aluminum alloy steel components after using zinc aluminum magnesium steel coil will be able to achieve better corrosion resistance.
Where application needs to be post-galvanizing or post-painting, switch to zinc aluminum magnesium coil can be omitted the post-galvanizing and post-painting procedures, thereby reducing costs and shorten delivery.
The corrosion property of the Zinc Aluminum Magnesium Coated Coil and it’s color steel is five times than the usual Galvalume Steel, which is solving the problem of easy to rust of color steel at the coastal areas and also addressing the issue of the short life of the color steel for the structure engineering, power engineering, purification engineering, photovoltaic design, etc. applications.